- How can I make a payment to Penn Credit?
- Phone: Call toll-free 1-800-900-1380 to pay by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Credit
or Debit or through Check by Phone
Secure Payment Portal accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover Credit or
Debit & Checks
- Mail: Send check, money order or credit/debit card information to:
Penn Credit Corporation
PO Box 988
Harrisburg, PA 17108
Please include the account ID with your payment. This may be found above the
mailing address on the letter you received from us.
In-Person: Visit any location that accepts Western Union or MoneyGram payments:
• MoneyGram, Receive Code 6832 with Penn Credit Account ID
• Western Union, Blue Quick Collect Form with Pay To: Penn Credit Corp. and
Code City: PENNCREDIT; State: PA with Penn Credit Account ID
- What are your call center hours of operation?
Representatives are available:
Monday – Thursday from 8 AM to 10 PM EST (5 AM to 7 PM PST)
Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM EST (5 AM to
2 PM PST)
Saturday from 8 AM to 12 PM EST(5 AM to 9 AM PST)
- How can I obtain additional information about my debt?
Please contact us toll free at 800-900-1380 or write to us at PO Box 988, Harrisburg, PA 17108
If you have received a letter from us please include the account ID located above the mailing address in your correspondence.
- Has my account been reported to a credit bureau?
Possibly, please contact our collections department toll free at 800-900-1380 and we will assist you.
- How can I learn more about my legal rights concerning the third party collection
• All collection agencies collecting on third party debts are bound by the rules of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) enacted by the Federal Government in 1977.
• The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the governing body responsible for oversight of the
Click for more information
• Additionally ACA International, the Association of Credit & Collection Professionals, operates
the Ask Doctor Debt website which seeks to assist consumers who have been contacted by a
third party collection agency.